SUSAN G GOYER
Aabakus, Inc. (originally founded as StaffAmerica in 1985) with husband, Robert D. Mitchell, changed names in 1987 to Aabakus, Inc. in order to secure a federal registration. Husband, Robert D. Mitchell, was killed in an automobile accident in August of 1992, and Susan has been at the helm from that time to present.
Aabakus, Inc. is a state licensed Professional Employer Organization (PEO) — one of the First in TN (license No. 15). Susan Goyer was appointed by Governor Don Sunquist in 1997 to serve on the first regulatory Employee Leasing Advisory Board.
Aabakus, Inc. is a member of The National Federation of Independent Business and an Accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, and SHRM.
Since small business is the client base of Aabakus, involvement with NFIB has been a passion. Susan has served since 2008 on the Leadership Advisory Council for NFIB of Tennessee, and has chaired the Labor Council from 2010 – 2012. With the Labor Council, she has worked to get new legislation presented and passed, and testified before Senate subcommittees in this respect.
Susan has served on committees and has had membership in:
- NAPEO (Executive Committee)
- PACE (Professional Association of Co-Employers)
- SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
- Brentwood/Cool Springs Chamber of Commerce (Women in Business Steering Committee)
- NFIB (Leadership Council)
- BBB (Accredited Member)
- Cumberland Bank (Community Advisory Board)
- The Executive Committee
- Licensed Life and Health Insurance Broker
- Advisory Board Williamson County BBB
Honorable Recognition and Awards:
- 2001 Finalist – Nashville Business Journal “Executive of the Year”
- 2001 – Williamson County Small Business Award – Presented by The Bank of Brentwood, The Bank of Franklin, Review Appeal & Brentwood Journal
- 2001 – Featured in NBJ “Woman Ink”
- 2003-2007 – NBJ Top 25 Largest Woman-Owned Businesses
- 2011 – Circle of Excellence
- 2011 – Small Business Champion – Presented by NFIB
- 2011 – Certificate of Appreciation by Gov. Bill Haslam for Service on the Technical Advisory Group relative to Tennessee’s Participation in the Affordable Care Act’s Insurance Exchange